Currently some of FOP is being re-written so that the layout can be handled
properly without the problems that have been encountered and to make
it possible to handle keeps/breaks and spacing better.
A number of issues have been dealt with in the redesigned code.
- avalon integration - logging, configuration, component management, caching, uri resolver
- improved interfaces
- no threading/static problems
- simpler to use
- better commandline handling
Many of these changes will make FOP much better to use and develop.
So if you help out with the development you can get to use these
- better layout design - that can handle keeps and
- better area tree handling - means it can run in
- better image handling - redone so it can use a
cache and synchronizes properly only on the current image while loading
- bookmark extension improved a bit - changed bookmark extension,
now requires a wrapping element bookmark
- new interface for structured documents, rtf and mif
- Can have a default element mapping for extensions
- mathml extension
- svg text normal text if that can be handled otherwise stroked
this is done automatically
- new area tree model
- new renderer model